Proper nutrition can have a big impact on our health and sense of well-being as well as the health and well-being of the planet. Yet the … read more.
- Watch the Sunday Service!All of our virtual Sunday Services are recorded. If you miss joining us via Zoom or on Facebook Live at 10:00 AM on Sunday mornings, you can always view the recordings on our YouTube channel. In these unsettling times, Rev. Gy’s message brings things back in perspective and gives us hope. Follow this ...
- Youth Religious EducationThe building is closed but church will keep meeting! UUCC children and youth are invited to come to a ZOOM Meet-Up for Kids each Sunday at 1:00 PM hosted by our Director of Religious Education, Miriam Epskamp. This is an opportunity to check-in, share our experiences, and make plans to stay connected. Please contact Miriam for login information or if ...
- Virus-Free UUCC!Like all of you, we are closely monitoring the reports from the Center for Disease Control and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services surrounding the coronavirus. It is important that each of us do our part to protect ourselves and each other. We encourage everyone to stay at home as much as possible ...
- Thoughtful ThursdaysEvery Thursday evening at 7:00 PM we host a virtual meet-up for our members and friends to provide opportunities for connection, learning, and growth. First Thursdays: THEMATIC EXPLORATION THURSDAYS The first Thursday of each month will be dedicated to an exploration of the current spiritual theme. Rev. Gy will have questions prepared to help us consider different aspects ...
- How to Join a ZOOM MeetingIf you have never used ZOOM before, consider giving it a try. It will be a great way for us to meet during these difficult times. ZOOM is a widely used and very user-friendly video conferencing tool that allows you to see as well as hear who you are meeting with. It is easiest to use ...
- Listen to UsDid you know you could listen to recent Sunday service talks on your phone or computer? Just click on the button “Sermon Archive” and then select the “Recent Audio” option on the left side menu.
- QiGong Group
- Civil Conversations Small Group
- Moral Decision Making Lecture and Discussion Series
- Women's Book Group
- Men's Group Breakfast
Regena and Eric
UUCC is at the intersection of all the things we value most. At UUCC, we have formed close relationships with people who share our values about equity and social justice. UUCC works with ISAAC (Interfaith Strategy for Advocacy and Action in the Community) to address the causes and impact of racial and economic disparities in our community. Through this collective impact model, we have been effective in making policy and practice changes at the local level.
We are deeply committed to spiritual development and exploration. The weekly Sunday services, guided wellness meditations, and religious education for our children provide support and inspiration for our family to develop meaningful spiritual practices. Our children have learned to articulate what they believe and how to make choices that are aligned with their values.
We also aspire to live in a way that reduces our carbon footprint so we can help protect the earth’s natural resources for generations to come. We are members of the Sustainability Support Group at UUCC. In this group, we share information and hold each other accountable for making personal changes and advocating for systemic changes.
UUCC has been our spiritual home for over 20 years as we have gone through many life stages, from early adulthood serving as UUCC youth group advisors to our life now as parents of teens who are transitioning to college. Through each stage, we have been fully supported by our church family and cannot imagine our lives without UUCC.